Definition: It is the practice of growing different crops in different seasons on the same piece of land again and again.
Definition: It can be defined as crop rotation in a locality at a time.
It takes into consideration the time (yearly sequence) and space (spatial sequence) aspects.
Definition: It can be defined as the cropping pattern and its specific management over a period. it is location-specific.
- Based on genotype: such as genetic makeup of seed.
- Based on the geometry of the field: such as planting pattern and area under certain plant population.
- Based on management: it includes cropping pattern, variety, method of stand establishment, pest management, and harvest.
Farming System and Mixed Farming
Definition: It can be defined as a cropping system along with certain allied activities, for example, livestock, poultry, fisheries, and forestry.
There are certain goals associated with such systems:
- Profit is the main goal of a Farming system.
- The main goal of Mixed farming is subsistence.
Definition: It is a plan for a crop to be sown for maximum profit.
It depends upon fertility, yield, and other factors including labor, capital, prices.
Click here to know more about Cropping System
Click here to know more about Crop Rotation